Sofant is developing a low-cost technology platform which solves fundamental power consumption and heat problems in high frequency antenna systems. We are an ambitious later stage start-up which has received £9m in early stage private equity and grant funding. Sofant is targeting a $10B satellite communications and 5G market opportunity and is preparing to raise a series A to complete its product development and prepare the company for rapid growth.
We are looking for an Edinburgh based CFO who will help us to steer the future of wireless communications and achieve our target of $100m in revenue by 2026.
CFO responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership and guidance to the company’s finance and administrative organization
- Prepare the company’s financial, administrative and governance procedures for rapid growth
- Drive the company’s financial modeling, planning, and forecasting
- Drive fund-raising strategies and investor relationship management
- Support the negotiation and management of contracts with government agencies and corporate partners
- Support the development and implementation of the company’s investment and risk management strategy
Sofant is seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer who will lead its finance and administrative organization and prepare the company for rapid growth. The CFO will fill a senior leadership position within the organization and support the company’s financial planning, fund raising activities and investor communications.
This is a hands-on role, and the individual must be a team player who is well-versed in all aspects of financial management from simple accounting to developing complex financial models, board reporting and raising capital.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience working for a new venture or start-up, where they led the finance function, shaped the strategy, managed relationships with private and institutional investors and helped to scale the business.
- CA (or equivalent) along with ICAS (or equivalent) membership.
- Experience as Finance Director or CFO for a private company
- Experience in preparing and presenting financial and operational information to a board of directors
- Experience implementing financial management, accounting, and management information systems
- Company secretary knowledge including financial controls, revenue recognition and financing modelling
- Experience of fundraising, preparing investment cases and working with venture capital or institutional investors, including knowledge of the governance, and reporting they require
- Experience negotiating complex corporate contracts
- Experience working inside a VC or PE backed, high growth business through a successful exit
- Previous experience with valuation models, trade sales, IPOs, mergers, and acquisitions
- Working knowledge of capitalization of R&D, R&D tax credits and government grants
- An understanding of running payroll and the operation of share options schemes, including EMI
- Experience with a range of additional tasks including legal, HR, intellectual property, data protection, business continuity and IT infrastructure
- Experience building and managing relationships with corporate partners
- Understanding of corporate compliance with the appropriate laws and financial regulations
- The position will initially be part time but will transition to full-time at the completion of the series A funding round which is planned for mid-2021
- Sofant offers a competitive compensation package which includes share options
- If you believe have what it takes to succeed in this role please send us your CV and Cover Letter outlining how you meet the requirements, why you are applying for this job at this time in your career, and your expected salary
- Sofant is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, or age.
If you are interested in joining Sofant Click Here to apply