Job Ref: ENGME1310
Sofant Technologies is a high growth innovative technology company using unique and patented MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical-Systems) technologies with applications in the RF (Radio Frequency) field.
Sofant is a UK-based leader in the development of mmWave antenna technology for Satellite Terminals and mmWave 5G.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include the design, development, implementation of miniaturized antenna elements and arrays based on customers’ specifications.
• Design antenna arrays and antenna elements that meet the requirements
• Working at all phases from conceptual design and prototyping to final product
• Support clients with requirements definition, project proposals and planning
• Customize the various antenna design to the clients specific device
• Build on Sofant own antenna IP portfolio with innovations.
• Work in a team environment to build smart antenna systems based on clients specific requirements and
• Integrate the antenna designs with Sofant’s innovative RF MEMS devices for the various applications
Required skills, experience and qualifications:
• Desire to innovate with new antenna architectures, topologies and techniques
• Solid antenna and antenna array experience with knowledge of radiation performance.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Antenna and wave propagation theoretical background is essential.
• Experience using EM and RF Modelling and Simulation tools and techniques
• Antenna implementation, prototyping, production and measurement experience
• Experience in antenna miniaturization techniques
• Goal-driven with good communication skills
• The ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Good organization and communications skills for interaction with multi-disciplinary internal groups
• Minimum qualification: Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years RF/Antenna industry experience
• Experience using CST simulation software
• Experience in antenna arrays design
• Experience in miniaturized directional antenna design
• PhD or Masters in antennas
• Experience in RF matching and RF circuit design
• Knowledge of RF MEMS devices
Sofant’s headquarter at Edinburgh, Scotland’s capital.
Starting: May 2019
Position: Full-time and permanent.
Salary: Salary level is based on experience.
How to apply:
Please send an email with a cover letter and recent CV to
Jobs@sofant.com, please make sure you put the job reference (Job Ref) in the email subject.
Job Ref: ENGME1310
Questions:If you have any questions, please email us and we will come back to you as soon as we can.